Bed & Breakfast in Fiore - Todi in the countryside
Castello di Belforte is a XV centry fortress situated on a small hill in the countryside at 3 km from the town of Todi. The castle is surrounded by woods of oaks and holm trees and it has a view on a beautiful and unique landscape.
The property is located in the center of a large plot of land and stands on the slope above the Arnata stream.
The legend says that in the underground there is a long hidden tunnel, full of treasures, that goes from Belforte to the fortress called “La Torraccia” and to the so-called “Fiore Castle”.
The stronghold, severe and massive, was resized over time and became a farmhouse owned by the Congregation of Charity of the Nuns of Todi.
Since 1972, the largely renovated castle has been owned by the Dominici family.
Result of the skilful and careful renovation of some rooms of the Castle, five rooms in medieval style are available to guests, in addition to the Breakfast Room ("Convivium") : - Camera dei Todeschini - Camera dei Nobili - Camera delle Spade - Camera degli Scacchi - Camera delle Prigioni.
Located in the Umbrian countryside, Castello di Belforte offers a beautiful garden, a small children's playground and a shared lounge area.
Castello di Belforte is managed by Mrs. Patrizia Dominici who - with her family - works daily so that guests can feel at home and experience the thrill of staying in a real castle of the 1400s.
Castello di Belforte reopen its doors in full compliance with the rules dictated by the Government regarding the prevention from Covid-19, to guarantee the health and safety of its Guests. The staff guarantees:
1) General sanitation of the structure and rooms;
2) Clean and sanitized rooms twice a day with specific products and alcohol-based disinfectants;
3) Mandatory use of disposable mask and gloves, as well as the spacing of at least one meter and the measurement of the temperature upon arrival of the Guests;
4) Natural ventilation guaranteed in each room. It should be noted that the five rooms available to guests are all independent, more than two meters away from each other and overlook an open garden courtyard;
5) The dispenser containing sanitizing gel available at the Reception and in each room;
6) Breakfast served exclusively in the room upon reservation;
7) Please refer to the directives issued by the Ministry of Health.
Castello di Belforte stands a few km from Todi, an ancient Etruscan city rich in history, and is equidistant from the major places of interest in Umbria (Perugia, Terni, Assisi, Gubbio, Spoleto, Norcia, Foligno, Orvieto, Castelluccio, Montefalco, Bevagna , etc.).
To reach the structure, simply set the following indications in the navigator:
"B & B Castello di Belforte, vocabolo Belforte 36 Frazione Fiore, Todi."